A Short Story
- We Rebuild Engine
- Owner says it performs 'beyond expectations..' on a 200 mile run
- Sitting at traffic lights the engine note changes and he has no power
- He agonises for several days without success in solving the problem
- Brings to Us
- We look at Exhaust (even removing it at the manifold)
- We look at Carburation (changing to different carburettor)
- We look at Magneto (fitting different magneto)
- We look at the door
- We strip the Engine to check the glands and look for Damage..
When we put the engine back together after having fitted new gaskets throughout
It still didnt go
but this time
When i removed the Exhaust Again
The Machine Sprung into life..
I took the Replica Howarth
and shook it
and the Baffle slid up and down inside
like a valve.
The back pressure created by the baffle by shutting off the outlet during use had blown out the rubber cylinder base gaskets allowing
the crankchamber gas to blow through into the inlet tract, and ruining the breathing.
Ths is why even after we removed the exhaust the first time.
A problem still existed.
and we were very happy about it!
You just got to keep going..
Click here to see a short clip.. (make sure your speakers arent too loud!)